Tuesday, August 19, 2014

About Us

 J and I have been married since September of 2012, and live in a smallish town in the west. I am a registered nurse, and work full time on a Medical floor. I also have a very wide variety of interests, which will be seen here as I blog about all the different pies I stick my fingers into. J is a CNA/student/entrepreneur. He also has many interests, however his and my interests are often polar opposites.
J is latin, was born in a 3rd world/developing country, and even though he comes from what in his country is considered middle class, by US standards he was raised poor. I was born and raised in the US, and while my parents now fall into the lower middle class income range, it was not always so. My youth was characterized by a blessed mix of encouragement to learn, and do better, and an expectation to work and be a contributing member of society.
As I blog about our journey through life, you may disagree with my opinions, and that is ok, we are all entitled to our opinions. That doesn't mean I am right or wrong, or that you are right or wrong. Every one of us has a set of beliefs that are created based on our past. Our choices, experiences, what we've been taught and what we've learned. My blog is about challenging perceptions. Challenging the way you think. I simply ask you to ask yourself the same thing I ask myself. What assumptions to I have that lead me to think and believe the way I do?

No comments:

Post a Comment